I don't know about you, but the thought of taking my kids to their first dentist appointment sounds about as painful and unpleasant as a root canal. But, being the responsible parents we are (or more accurately, the responsible parent Kelly is), we bit the bullet and finally set up an appointment for the girls. The nice thing about the appointment was that Kelly was able to be scheduled at the same time so that the girls could see what to expect. Now, it's been a while since I've been to the dentist and certainly as a kid, I remember the dentist as a time of torture. All the scraping and poking and gum bleeding and gagging fluoride mouthpieces. Well, times, they've been a changin. LCD monitors with cable TV at every chair. The fluoride is now painted on the teeth, instead of the mouthpieces I was forced to wear for 20 minutes. And, the girls were even rewarded with Chik Fil A certificates for being so brave. It was almost painless. The girls did an amazing job cooperating with the cleaning and flossing. Macy even sat through the dreaded scraping with the hook thing. I couldn't believe how well they both did. And they came out so proud of themselves, showing off their squeaky clean teeth. It was important for them to have a positive first experience with the dentist so that hopefully, it won't be like pulling teeth every time we have to visit the dentist. I know, physician by day, comedian by night. As they say, laughter is the best medicine.
Check out our two big girls!

1 comment:
Good dental hygiene :)
Post a Comment