Friday, February 02, 2007

My Journey to a New Smile by Kai Warner

Hi everybody! Thanks for all your prayers. I really appreciate them. After a return trip to the hospital and a not very fun week, I am back at home and doing well. My lip still hurts but the doctors gave me some pain medicine that makes me feel better and makes me sleepy! Here are some pictures from my week. This one is of me sitting with my mommy who wishes she could go through all this for me but I told her I would be ok. Aren't my hospital jammies cute? This one is me shortly after surgery. My face is starting to get swollen and my little nostrils are closing up. My lip looks pretty good though, if I do say so myself. :)
Oh, and then they put these silly things on my arms so that I can't do anything with them, including put things in my mouth - one of my greatest joys in life! Not nice. I am dealing pretty well though and have enjoyed batting at things and just using my little fingers to hold stuff.
This picture is of me with my "trumpet" coming out of my nose so that I can breathe. It looks a little silly but I sure do like being able to breathe! That night when I couldn't sure scared me and my mommy and daddy.
And this one is of me without my trumpet. Mommy took it out tonight and my swelling has gone down enough that I don't need it. I am starting to be my old smiley self again - with a whole sweet new smile! I can't wait to show you all in person. I love you!! Love, Kai


10 comments:

Andy said...

Baby Kai, you are so brave and we are so proud of you. You look so handsome with your new smile, even better than we could have ever imagined - Even though you've always been a stud. We will continue to pray for you, mommy and daddy as you recover from this tough surgery.

Kate Owen said...

We love your new smile, Kai!!! You are so brave. We are glad you are recovering well!

Love to All

Christina said...

What a wonderful new smile, Kai. You are a trouper. I know those arm splints are horrible for you but you look aweful cute with them on.

Anonymous said...

kai...you look just awesome! Hope you heal fast so you can get back to playing!

Shannon said...

Kai, you are so handsome and a big trouper!! We're all so proud of you and praying for you!!

Sara and JC Trombley said...

Kai---you are gorgeous. such a ladies man!

David and Kari said...

I saw your blog off of Sara and JC's. I have been thinking of Kai ever since I met him at Sara's shower, I am so glad that the surgery went well, He is so precious! He sure is a handsome little boy.

Brooke W said...

Kelly! Actually, we've been keeping up on your blog, too! Kai looks so good! And your daughters are beautiful...isn't it amazing that we haven't seen eachother since you were pregnant with your first and in a matter of minutes on the internet we can catch up completely? Haha...Blessings to your family...What a cool family you have...Love

Anonymous said...

lance and i were blown away by the pics of kai. my goodness he's the cutest. we love the arm splints. i'm sure it already seems like so long ago that he had his surgery. we are so encouraged by his little face!!!

Anonymous said...

i'm new at this blogging thing. that last comment was me.

Baby Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker